OUR MISSION – ONE FAMILY, FOLLOWING ONE SHEPHERD … WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
Our mission is a guiding compass that helps us express a direction and points everyone in that direction. It’s a golden thread that weaves through every activity of our church. Simply put, it is the way God has uniquely called us to live out The Great Commission.
One of the defining characteristics of the family of God is that we’re a family on mission. We have a purpose and a focus – we’ve got something to do! God, our Father, has called us to join Him in restoring and redeeming all of creation, beginning with developing authentic relationships in our neighborhoods, schools, places of work, athletic fields and beyond. As we connect in those relationships, we discover that the new life of God is growing inside of us and spreading to those around us.
- Holy Spirit Transformation – We are being transformed by His Word and Sacrament as experienced through accountable relationships. (Colossians 3:16; Mark 14:22-23; Galatians 3:27;
1 Corinthians 11:1)
- Genuine Hospitality – We go above and beyond making our diverse community feel at home in our lives, homes and church, giving them a place to belong even before they believe. (Romans 12:13-18; 1 Peter 4:8-9)
- God’s Truth – We speak the truth of God’s Word that saves and calls us to change.
(2 Corinthians 5:17; Titus 2:11-12; Romans 12:1-2)
- Church is Not a Building – We are the Family of Christ, actively on a mission together developing authentic relationships in our neighborhoods, schools, places of work, athletic fields and beyond. (1 Corinthians 3:9; Romans 12:4-5)
- Heart of Service – We love to serve Jesus both inside and outside the walls of our church building. We seek opportunities to serve and get more of our people involved. (James 1:27; Isaiah 1:17)
Our strategy is designed to be a simple pathway for you to experience fewer “activities” and more “life.” Think of it as a flashlight that helps people see their way and get involved. It connects specific action steps to the mission and vision of our church.
Our measures are the attributes or characteristics of an individual’s life that reflect accomplishment of our mission. They provide the standard by which our mission can be measured with respect to an individual’s spiritual growth.
Daily Transformation (Up)
- Engaged in weekly worship, Word and Sacrament ministries
- Active devotional and prayer life
- First-fruit giving
- Work from rest
Accountable Transformation (In)
- Open to discipleship both as a follower and leader
- Parents as primary disciplers of their children
- Abides with Christian family for mutual celebration, support, comfort and friendship
Community Transformation (Out)
- Actively works with specific Christians to witness Christ to a specific community
- Supports the mission of others
- Serves those in need
- Engages the nearby community